The Combine Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
The wavy line?
If you can get the head into return to cut, manually lower the head and hit the other set height 1/2.
IF that don't work get into return to cut and lower the head via the +/- buttom for the header height controls.
One of these steps should get you to the wavy line.
If those don't, work recal the header and try again.

·
Registered
638 Posts
if you have gone under diagnostics and checked voltage and it changes once your header hits the ground and the header indicator moves from 0 to 4 then the problem is likely with the computer or an update. check with the manual or the macdon manual to determine the voltage readings. I was having problems like this but on an fd70 but it was intermittent. I finally tracked it down to the auto header height cable. It was not seized but very stiff and even though the indicator moved on the header somewhat and it moved in the diagnostic screen it did not move enough to properly change the voltage so many times when I hit the resume button it would just go into return to cut mode and I could not get it to go to auto height mode. changed the cable and it worked great.

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
You can adjust the position of the POT as well. We had to do that on one header as the computer kept complaining about check header height sensor. Turned out the pot was just being turned too far by the cable mechanism in one direction. My brother said it was easy to adjust. Didn't see how he did it, though.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Two things I had to do since the twenty series, first is to check your voltage on pro 700 to make sure your in their scale correctly and next on the 30 series only for this latest year they went to a solid flat Line instead of the quigly one they had in the past to show its activated

Mine needed some adjustment as well from the 7120... Must be a solfware thing

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I have a 8230 with a Macdon FD75D. Third year on the combine, second on the FD75. The dealer did the set-up and weighing the head, and it has worked flawlessly since. The combine hasn't had a different head since the FD75 was delivered. While the two are currently apart, waiting on dry weather, I would check details if you need it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.