The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I do a header calibration with my 12 row series one drago it will lift to about 75 percent and decide that is max height. My 40 ft 2162 will lift all the way. I have the small lift cylinders and am wondering if that is my problem or if I have a hydraulic issue. By the end of the day it will hardly lift high enough to get over the head trailer unless I shut the rear wheel drive off and crank the steering wheel back and forth while lifting and then it will creep up.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You could try lifting the header with the unload auger swinging or while holding the reel raise or reel fore/art button. Those functions always make the pump go into maximum flow so if the header lifts then you know that it’s capable of lifting it. Sounds like that’s your problem if shaking the steering wheel makes it go up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You could try lifting the header with the unload auger swinging or while holding the reel raise or reel fore/art button. Those functions always make the pump go into maximum flow so if the header lifts then you know that it’s capable of lifting it. Sounds like that’s your problem if shaking the steering wheel makes it go up.
It doesn’t make any difference if the unloader is swinging. Once last night it seemed I had to shake the steering wheel to get the unloaded all the way into the cradle but may have only been coincidence as it did fine today. If I use the steering and lift in manual it will lift most of the way. I think I need to get some pressures checked.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I would defiantly say your problem is the same as torriems since you are having the same kind of issues. The system is load sensing and there may be to much internal leaking for it to detect it needs to make more pressure. The bleed off for the signal line for oil to drain out of it is actually located in the steering system. So when your using the steering wheel it might be bumping the signal line pressure a bit which is bumping the pump pressure.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The mechanic was out this morning and found the header lift pressure to be low. He tried to adjust but it wouldn’t so he replaced the relief valve and then adjusted to spec. It was about 600 lbs off. I haven’t hooked up the head yet but I expect that to have fixed the problem

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The mechanic was out this morning and found the header lift pressure to be low. He tried to adjust but it wouldn’t so he replaced the relief valve and then adjusted to spec. It was about 600 lbs off. I haven’t hooked up the head yet but I expect that to have fixed the problem
Shelled some corn yesterday and it works great now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts