The Combine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to get a nice clean sample with the wheat settings I have.........

Rotor 1110
Fan 950
Concave 26
Top sieve 14
Bottom sieve 9

Seems to have lots of heads and just not nice any suggestions on what I should do with these settings? Are they even close?
Thank you so much

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bring the Rotor back to 950 rpm
Close the concave down to 15 Fan is about right.
assess what the adjustments did.
Pre sieve should be 5-10 Other sieves about right where you got em.
If better its going through the threshing section too fast so you have a lot of options to improve it further from there.
Slow the vane position in the first half of rotor tube
Small wire modules in the first two positions
Hard thresh kit in first two modules.
Hope that helps

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Concave at 26??? Theres your problem. Concave at 1 or 0 if you have them calibrated. Make sure you pinch point is set correctly, makes a huge difference. Should be at 6:00 position.

Rotor 1150, concave 1, fan 1000, top 16-18, bottom 14-15, presieve 5, hard thresh concaves in row 1, small wire in row 2, slotted (or large wire) in 3+4. I don't recommend changing the vanes unless you need to, but in the slow position is best for really hard threshing wheat. What kind of wheat are you doing?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all so much for the great help once again!
Really am thankful for this site and all of the wonderful members.

We are just getting into the Glenn Wheat.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Glenn? My advice then is to put the first 4 vanes into the slow position. Its one of the hardest thrashing wheat. I'd consider a new variety ;)

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Yup I know, we went from carberry to vesper, same crap. Not sure why I grow anything other than carberry, maybe will try Brandon next year.

·
Registered
179 Posts
went to ac much more this year, short, easy thrash, very comparable to unity,vespar, and harvest wheat. just easy to thrash. Yes concave on 1. Anyone have much trouble plugging fan in canola? I have front pre sieve closed right off or it plugs fan up.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Like to keep presieve as open as possible and wind as high , you wanna get the chaff in the air to make place for seed to drop in sieves

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
went to ac much more this year, short, easy thrash, very comparable to unity,vespar, and harvest wheat. just easy to thrash. Yes concave on 1. Anyone have much trouble plugging fan in canola? I have front pre sieve closed right off or it plugs fan up.
You probably don't have your fan up quite high enough, but we run ours on 1.

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
Here are the settings I used on a 7230 in wheat. Seemed to work well in any variety I tried.

presieve 3rd notch
chaffer 14-15
lower siever 10-12
fan 850
rotor clearance 7-8
rotor speed 1100-1150
spreader 650rpm

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
If you're plugging the fan, open up the bottom sieve and close the top sieve down bit. The rethresher can't do anything in wheat anyway. You can also drop the fan speed somewhat as you close the top sieve. Closing the bottom sieve restricts airflow greatly.

in 100 bu/ac wheat, we often run at anywhere between 8 and 12 on the top sieve (depending on sample and loss), and 15 on the bottom sieve. Fan around 800. Losses are comparable to running the sieves the other way around.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I used to get grain in the fan with my CR and was blaming the pre sieve, but the actual problem for me was the bottom sieve. I had the sieve out and noticed that the setting got progressively tighter toward the front of the sieve, so you set your sieve to 1/4" on the back where you can see it and meanwhile the front is actually at 1/8". Where is 90% of your grain falling, on the front foot of the bottom sieve which is tighter than you realize and can't handle the volumes and in the fan it goes. I cut the cut the adjusting control arm on that sieve about sixteen inches from the front and changed the length so that the front 16" is wider open than the back and I bent the first couple of slats so they are always very open because anything at that point has to fall through or it is going to the fan. This also allows the wind to get up to your chaffer with less restriction.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts