The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Heys guys I had RTK put on this tractor about 3 months ago and just starting you use it some working in some wheat seed with a 27' Krause Landsman (great tool btw) and man do I love this rig now. Ive got newer equipment and always jump on this tractor first. I show the line sensitivies in the video and want to know some suggestions as to where to start. I have some "swigglies" throughout my lines from the rolling baskets and with the $$$ I spent to upgrade to RTK I want them to be STRAIGHT lol. Any suggesetions as to where and start with these?? I found a setup guide on stellar support that shows a good starting point for the line sensitivity for rowcrop tractors at 190, but my front end gets a little jumpy at that setting. Also, Im only 8 miles from my base so that shouldnt be an issue. I feel like i can straighten these out in my settings. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I don't have my manual handy here in my living room next to my easy chair, but you might try to turn the sensitivity down. I don't have RTK, but on my 9330 I've had better results by turning the settings down slightly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you bought RTK to prevent "Squiggles" you wasted your money. SF1 will drive in a perfect straight line. The advantages to different signal levels are "pass to pass". I forget the actual numbers but I believe SF1 is around 14", SF2 is around 2" or 4" and RTK is <1".

The reason most people go to RTK is for repeatable accuracy. We use it on our planter so the guess rows are always perfect (That being said, we do not have implement steering and through drainage ditches or on hills the planter can sway up to 15"), on the sprayer so when you return to a field for a second or third pass of spraying the wheels line up perfectly with the first pass, on the combines so you can take a swath anywhere in the field and the other machine will line up perfectly and not leave strips.

We also use RTK with igrade and surface water pro plus for drainage.

Remember, this accuracy is measured at the receiver. The sway of the tractor cab, tire pressures, muddy soil, all those play into how straight the lines you're actually drawing are.

That all being said, we had a 1999 8300 and I usually had the steering sensitivity on it set between 75 and 100. We have an 8230 now and I think I had it set around 80 all year.

I bought RTK for repeatable pass to pass accuracy for planting too, just havent planted anything yet. But yes I get your point.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Go into the guidance settings and change your lead compensation to 75 inches. That will help out quite a bit. Also check your implement depth on both wings and make sure they are level. That is the most common issue when an implement isn't tracking right. Also check your sensitivity levels in advanced guidance settings. Run you steering sensitivity around 70-90 anything higher will make your front end jumpy. Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.