The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I have an 8310r fwd and I'm pulling a tile plow but sometimes spins out due to front wheels not pulling enough. It appears they are trying but won't spin and dig holes like the back do. Any ideas as what this could be. Thanks and I'd appreciate any comments. Farmer Scotty

·
Super Moderator
3,355 Posts
There is a switch with off/auto/4WD full time.
If you are aware of that perhaps an electrical issue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a switch with off/auto/4WD full time.
If you are aware of that perhaps an electrical issue.
Hi ya. Thanks for the reply. Yes I am running it in auto or constant 4wd and same result both ways. When I switch to off I Do notice a difference but when I need full traction that is when I spin out but in doing so my front wheels aren't spinning. I'm wondering if I have a 4wd clutch slippage or if there is some kind of electronic setting to control the torque on these front wheels that I'm missing. I hate to split the tractor to find a simple setting adjustment in the cab

·
Registered
573 Posts
is the fwa assist -supposed- to spin the tires along with the back ??
it -may be- torque limited to reduce breakage ??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So yes I have the diff lock on and sometimes it will spin out with all four wheels digging holes. And sometimes just the back wheels dig holes. This tractor only has 1700 hours on it. The fwd clutch shouldn't be wore out yet but who knows. If it makes any difference it has front duals and ILS

·
Registered
485 Posts
I’d suggest the clutch is needing replacing. The front wheels should spin just like the rear. Not seen it on an 8r but had to do one in a 7730 years ago under 3000 hrs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok. Thanks guy for your help. Looks like I have to bite the bullet and take it to the dealership I was hoping for a simple electronic setting. Lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts