The Combine Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am looking at an 8450 massey tractor with 7700 hours. It has cab suspension, no gta monitor, and dyna step transmission. How many hours is the sisu engine and tranny good for? Is the dyna step transmission any good or should I look for one with a dyna vt? Thanks in advance.
With proper maintenance, by the book, oils changed , filters etc. I've seen the Sisu with 10,000 hrs, talk of 15K hrs in Europe . A neighbor with a Fendt 714 CVT has 16500 hard hrs, ie mowers, manure tanks etc. On the other hand some have failed. Massey has the fendt CVT. The dyna step is just a simpler computer program version of the Dyna VT and the same tranny, Our dealer has changed and reprogrammed a Dyna step to a Vt for 3K I was told. You do need a good dealer as there will likely be glitches as with anything with that many hrs. Do not tow it without limp mode or it will be a big bill for the tranny.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.