The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put a new set of LED headlights on the old versy, only thing is the lo beam is not working. Only hi. Thought it was the bulbs but apparently its something in the tractor. I took the dash apart, it is not the switch on the steering column, good connectivity on each side. Anyone know where to find the relay or fuse for lo beam? Or suggest a possible fix? Its not located behind the seat with the rest of them; i pulled EVERY fuse and relay and the headlights stayed on.

And to avoid the obvious palmface, i put the old lights in a different tractor and the hi/lo works just fine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just put a new set of LED headlights on the old versy, only thing is the lo beam is not working. Only hi. Thought it was the bulbs but apparently its something in the tractor. I took the dash apart, it is not the switch on the steering column, good connectivity on each side. Anyone know where to find the relay or fuse for lo beam? Or suggest a possible fix? Its not located behind the seat with the rest of them; i pulled EVERY fuse and relay and the headlights stayed on.

And to avoid the obvious palmface, i put the old lights in a different tractor and the hi/lo works just fine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Mine is a blue 846. The relay for my lights is behind the seat. I had to replace them. I think there were 2.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Did you check to see if you had power at that plug with a test light or multi meter. First there is the obvious reason which is if power is present or not and second is if the ground is actually grounding. But there is a third issue unique to LED and that is polarity because I think typically if the polarity is backwards they won't work. You may have already checked power and nothing is present but just a heads up about that oddity of polarity having to be correct as I've taken a three wire plug for example that plugs onto the back of a traditional bulb and had to pull out the harness leads from the backside of the plastic plug assembly and swap them to get the LED headlight functioning ( that was on a highway tractor as an example )

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
On the 8430 I had shadows on the sides that were really annoying at night. They would expand and contract as the tractor turned and as the night wore on it looked like something black coming at you from the corner of your eye. I cured it by putting 4 LED bulbs at the back top corner of the cab where the factory put 2.... 2 are aimed at the ends of the machine behind me, and 2 1100 lumen floods are aimed sideways and slightly forward from a common bracket. The side lights don't have to be super bright to eliminate the shadows and now I can spot shrapnel on the ground that's headed for the machinery tires. Love em...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts