The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my rethresher and straw walkers quit turning. Narrowed it down to front straw walker shaft bearings. Right side looks new so doubt that's it. The left side (where the auger turret is) leaves me with little to no room to work and its rusted on the shaft bad. What does everybody else do to change this one??? Do they remove part of the grain tank? Or I might be able to torch it off if my wife holds my ankles and I hang upside down. Always run the risk of fire also. Thanks 馃檪

Registered
So my rethresher and straw walkers quit turning. Narrowed it down to front straw walker shaft bearings. Right side looks new so doubt that's it. The left side (where the auger turret is) leaves me with little to no room to work and its rusted on the shaft bad. What does everybody else do to change this one??? Do they remove part of the grain tank? Or I might be able to torch it off if my wife holds my ankles and I hang upside down. Always run the risk of fire also. Thanks 馃檪
We used to change them right in there.
Cut it out with the torch.
Be careful of the bearing holder tin flange to the inside.
Its a closed in type with just a small hole for the shaft to come thru.
I'm sure I did them standing up?
Cant remember its a long time ago.

Registered
Might have to make a notch to fish the balls out one at a time.
Then the outer race will come out then you can snip the inner race with more room so you don't carve up the shaft.

Registered
Remember you are working on the easy side.
Because if it was the rhs on an 800 pull type you would have a few choice words to say.
If the rhs looks ok I highly advise drilling a tiny hole in the steel brg shield and pump grease in it with a needle.
Then a small dab of silicone over the hole.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts