The Combine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble getting the boom valves to open or close, they will open once sprayer is full throttle for about five minutes. I am losing some air out the bottom of the dessicant filter housing, there is a constant air flow thru the bottom ,what would be causing this? Should a person replace the dessicant housing? Or is there another reason the exhaust blow off valve is leaking?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes replace the whole dessicant filter housing. they can be rebuilt but I have never had one rebuilt last very long. dont know why just dont seem to last after being rebuilt. last 854 I ran we took off the boom valves and replaced them with electric valves I really liked the electric ones and they are not that hard to do.

·
Registered
57 Posts
ITs been about ten years but im sure we used banjo flange electric ball valves. We got them from dultmierer if i remember corectly. you can wire into the harness either in the cab in the switch box or I think we made a harness that went connect into the existing harness that went to the electric over air solenoids. Made the connectors and and added a power wire. its not really hard just time consuming best to be done when you have plenty of time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
electric valves seem like a good idea, But for now I better replace the dryer and give that a shot.

·
Registered
303 Posts
The factory butterfly rubbers last about 3 years. What they dont tell you is the factory rubbers are made of nitrile, not neoprene. Set of nitrile rubbers are VERY exspensive. Cheaper to convert to electric.

·
Registered
370 Posts
just yesterday a customer called with similar issue of slow build air pressure, he wanted me to come and change the compressor. i checked and did not have one in stock, but the cost would be around 1850 with labor and 350 mileage. i suggested he bypass the air dryer with some fittings temporarily to check it out. long story short the air dryer was kaput and plugged, even though he said it had been serviced about 2 years ago. this unit was a daily use, stop start truck. buy a new unit, you will be ahead in the long and short run..

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you do replace the desiccant filter housing buy it from a truck parts store, it will be less than half the price than from agco or rogator.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts