The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
We got 856 with a twin disc 1050 powershift. One clutch started slipping in certain gears. Anyway with the manual wasn’t a big deal to figure it out wich one it is. So I took clutch 6 appart and it’s burned up.

I would like to replace all faced plates, seals and gaskets, so she can go for the next 14000h.

But now there is the trouble I try to get parts. So thru Cnh at our dealer there no clutchplates available, only some small stuff like gaskets and seals. So I started searching and talked to Palmer Johnson in Edmonton. We got figured out what I need, but they only have a few parts, not even the plates to get that one clutch fixed.
I would like to avoid to buy a used transmission and put in her if I could rebuild this one.
By the way are located in central Alberta.
Does anyone know, where we could get those clutch plates in northern America?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Took nearly a year to get some clutch plates for my 836 through Twin Disc in Edmonton. I have since heard that Pritchard Engineering in Winnipeg may have parts, worth a call. Versatile has nothing .

·
Registered
261 Posts
Have you tried Edmonton brake and clutch. I know they can reline all kinds of brake and clutch components. Might even know where to get parts. Have had good luck with them in the past..

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Hey guys,
We got 856 with a twin disc 1050 powershift. One clutch started slipping in certain gears. Anyway with the manual wasn’t a big deal to figure it out wich one it is. So I took clutch 6 appart and it’s burned up.

I would like to replace all faced plates, seals and gaskets, so she can go for the next 14000h.

But now there is the trouble I try to get parts. So thru Cnh at our dealer there no clutchplates available, only some small stuff like gaskets and seals. So I started searching and talked to Palmer Johnson in Edmonton. We got figured out what I need, but they only have a few parts, not even the plates to get that one clutch fixed.
I would like to avoid to buy a used transmission and put in her if I could rebuild this one.
By the way are located in central Alberta.
Does anyone know, where we could get those clutch plates in northern America?

Herschel found a guy in Edmonton, a while back we discussed this.
You tried this guy Herschel found?
https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/66-versatile/324065-856-twin-disc-3.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
How did you make out finding parts. I went down the same path last winter. Ended up buying salvage trans for parts. Looks like I’ll have extra plates left over if you need

1 - 9 of 9 Posts