The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Having a strange one with the fourth remote on my 876. Recently replaced the adjustment cable and head, new hydraulic oil and filters. Last season trying to run my drill fan would have intermittent drops on the speed until it got to the point of completely reduced speed. Seemed like it was a flow issue, slow on raising the drill when we swapped the remotes around. Funny enough, when you would activate another remote with it running it would seem to get full flow again. Recently saw a 836 advertised with the same issue, figured I’d ask here before I pull the block off and take it in. Tried winding the priority adjustment down and up on the block itself to no avail.

·
Registered
117 Posts
End of seeding 2018 my 946 hydraulics went screwy like yours. Dual fan bourgault started losing rpm so i slowed down to finish broadcasting left over fertilizer. When i got down to 1 fertilizer fan running the rpm went up when lifting the toolbar where normally fan speed would drop. Something in the flow/demand circuit was acting up. Removed valve block and had it overhauled and was back to normal for 2019 seeding.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Had the same thing on a 976, it's the valve block. Inside that block there's like 30 different o-rings. The o-rings fail so when you go to activate the remote the oil just kind of circulates inside the valve block. When you use two valves the oil will find its way out through the next good remote and appear to work normally.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Had the same thing on a 976, it's the valve block. Inside that block there's like 30 different o-rings. The o-rings fail so when you go to activate the remote the oil just kind of circulates inside the valve block. When you use two valves the oil will find its way out through the next good remote and appear to work normally.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Not sure about the Six series, but with the older ones, isn't the fourth valve a bit different than the other three as it is the one with the float feature? Least thats how my Series 3 is equipped.

Was thinking afterwards, Six series is closed center isn't it?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
It kind of sounds like the load sensing shuttle valve o rings are to blame.
Yard that valve block assembly off and get it checked out.
I did a tractor here recently for those with those rexroth remote valves.
Some o rings were gone completely missing just disintegrated.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Ya, once they start to leak past the seals and o-rings, they disappear pretty quick. Did the ones on our 9680 a few years ago, and several of them were half gone or almost completely gone.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, this something I can go through myself or are the o-rings all special sizes?

·
Registered
248 Posts
The o-rings are all different sizes. We had ours done in the shop so can't tell you the process. I do know that I saw the mechanic had it apart and had things labelled with a bunch of zip ties. Can maybe find a parts book and find out what o-rings you need?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Thanks guys, this something I can go through myself or are the o-rings all special sizes?
Well I am a journeyman and its fairly complicated due to all the different sizes of o rings.
Might be best to find someone with some experience with that valve.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I'm fairly hopeless and did ours, not sure it's exactly the same as the one on our 9680. There is a lot of o-rings but take lots of pics and do each spool one at a time then put stack together in order. Not rocket science, just o-rings and make sure you put it back together the same way it came apart. All comes as a kit, no you won't have any of them in your shop, all different sizes and thicknesses, can't remember the cost, but it seemed like a lot for a bag of o rings and spacers/shims.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm fairly hopeless and did ours, not sure it's exactly the same as the one on our 9680. There is a lot of o-rings but take lots of pics and do each spool one at a time then put stack together in order. Not rocket science, just o-rings and make sure you put it back together the same way it came apart. All comes as a kit, no you won't have any of them in your shop, all different sizes and thicknesses, can't remember the cost, but it seemed like a lot for a bag of o rings and spacers/shims.
Did you just need the one kit 313$ at Rocky mt. or $313 for each valve, Or didi you find a different supplier? Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you just need the one kit 313$ at Rocky mt. or $313 for each valve, Or didi you find a different supplier? Thanks
If you go CNH it’s more, one kit V93021 does all four. V92554 is for the flow control. I’d suggest calling a different dealer, that’s a fair bit more than I was quoted

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
If you go CNH it’s more, one kit V93021 does all four. V92554 is for the flow control. I’d suggest calling a different dealer, that’s a fair bit more than I was quoted
At $313 for all 4 isn't the worst.
Think if I remember correctly I got from Agco and per spool section was around $73 and that didn't include the orings between each section or the flow control o rings either.
Could try here Norcan is the authorized service centre for bosch rexroth. Believe they are the MP 18 valves.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I don't remember the price exactly, it was a kit for the whole shebang, seemed expensive for a handful of o-rings. Pretty sure if you where patient and had the time and ability, you could source out what you needed for cheap, but from what I have found trying to get things like that, they come in sets of a hundred when you only need 1.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I don't remember the price exactly, it was a kit for the whole shebang, seemed expensive for a handful of o-rings. Pretty sure if you where patient and had the time and ability, you could source out what you needed for cheap, but from what I have found trying to get things like that, they come in sets of a hundred when you only need 1.
I believe we found the kit for the 976 and it was very expensive, but I'm not sure if it was right, or it was everything we needed to completely rebuild each block. Our parts guy was able to go through the parts book and order just the o-rings for much cheaper than the kit. We were able to buy all the rings separately so didn't have to buy 100 of them

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I believe we found the kit for the 976 and it was very expensive, but I'm not sure if it was right, or it was everything we needed to completely rebuild each block. Our parts guy was able to go through the parts book and order just the o-rings for much cheaper than the kit. We were able to buy all the rings separately so didn't have to buy 100 of them
I was thinking more for things online. Am currently looking for some o rings for a Mack truck heater control module. It's air operated for selecting defrost/heater/vent and has a minor leak on one of the little pistons, has a really small o ring that nobody local has, just by a quick rough measure I can get some online, but they come in packs of 100, still only 20 bucks or something like that, cheaper than the $70 replacement piston, or the $300 complete module!

Reactions: radar

·
Registered
248 Posts
I was thinking more for things online. Am currently looking for some o rings for a Mack truck heater control module. It's air operated for selecting defrost/heater/vent and has a minor leak on one of the little pistons, has a really small o ring that nobody local has, just by a quick rough measure I can get some online, but they come in packs of 100, still only 20 bucks or something like that, cheaper than the $70 replacement piston, or the $300 complete module!
Haha, brutal, it seems like at times parts can be a real crap show. Have you tried Applied? Used to be Bearings and Transmission? I just bought a couple o-rings from them, they had drawers full of all different sizes

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks again for all the info...I found a place in Edmonton HY-Tec Seal, seems in can get all the o ring individually, anywhere between 41 cents and 1.50$ , i will take the value off and clean it up and see what we how many of each we need. The prices from dealer was 95$ for the flow control[ V92554] and 313$ for the other kit V93021,Might save a trip or two to town if i just spend the 400$,,Seems less pissing around if all the rebuild parts are in those 2 kits!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts