The Combine Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Haha, brutal, it seems like at times parts can be a real crap show. Have you tried Applied? Used to be Bearings and Transmission? I just bought a couple o-rings from them, they had drawers full of all different sizes
The problem with that is two fold.
First all orings aren't created equal and second to match them is only as good as your parts men and lots of them are completely incompetent.
For something like these valves I prefer parts from either Versatile or bosch rexroth themselves because you know you have the right size and quality needed.
Not some will fit oring that looks the same but might not be the correct material or harness.

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you go CNH it’s more, one kit V93021 does all four. V92554 is for the flow control. I’d suggest calling a different dealer, that’s a fair bit more than I was quoted
I guess our prices are in Canadian $$$$, found them 82$ and 280$ .. the parts guys is telling me i need 4 of each kit?

·
Registered
388 Posts
I had a similar go around with my 946. Took it off and sent it to Saskatoon to be resealed. Full damage was $1800 and didn’t work when I put it back on. Ended up buying one from Gratton Coullee for $900 guaranteed to work.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I guess our prices are in Canadian $$$$, found them 82$ and 280$ .. the parts guys is telling me i need 4 of each kit?
That was straight out of Versatile in Winnipeg through Mazer, in loonies. I’m at work so it shows up as Aus. $60 and $220, the parts guys I talked to said one kit of each

I had a similar go around with my 946. Took it off and sent it to Saskatoon to be resealed. Full damage was $1800 and didn’t work when I put it back on. Ended up buying one from Gratton Coullee for $900 guaranteed to work.
Loeffelholz wanted $1800, be a lot less messing around just to swap it over. Hydra tech in Regina said the same thing, starting at over a grand and recommended to find a used one

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
How long ago was it $900? Quoted $1900 today

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
That was straight out of Versatile in Winnipeg through Mazer, in loonies. I’m at work so it shows up as Aus. $60 and $220, the parts guys I talked to said one kit of each

Loeffelholz wanted $1800, be a lot less messing around just to swap it over. Hydra tech in Regina said the same thing, starting at over a grand and recommended to find a used one
Whats Mazer want to install the orings if you take the valve off and drop it at the shop?
Unless there are leaks from the flow control screws I wouldn't even touch them.
90% of the leaks are the spool orings, and the messed up hydraulics are caused by the orings on 2 the shuttles I posted earlier.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
All the problems are concerning #11&#13.
Any spool leaks will be taken care of in the $313 kit it includes the orings for that.
#5 is the flow control valve.
Those orings are separate in the less costly kit.
There is no reason to split the valve sections apart unless there are leaks between the cast body sections.
D854F72C-0E43-40AF-A8C4-0158414550EB.jpeg

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Whats Mazer want to install the orings if you take the valve off and drop it at the shop?
Unless there are leaks from the flow control screws I wouldn't even touch them.
90% of the leaks are the spool orings, and the messed up hydraulics are caused by the orings on 2 the shuttles I posted earlier.
I haven't had any work done through them in years so it might not be too terrible, what would be reasonable for them to charge? Will give it a go after they show up, don't think there were any leaks between the bodies so I'll do as you suggest and dress the spools before getting too worried. Their price went up $20 in a day too, funny how that works.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts