The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 8770 that won’t run and I’m hoping someone can give me some advice. About 2 months ago we drove our 8770 into the shop to change the oil and it hasn’t run since. The JD mechanics have been out and they can’t get it running. We’ve had the fuel pump off and sent away and it’s in perfect working order. Fuel is getting to the pump but it isn’t going through the pump. The diesel shop told me that when the key is turned on, I should be able to hear the rail move in the pump. I don’t hear anything moving. We had the governor cap off and had the plunger tested and it’s working as it should, but there’s no power getting to it. All the wiring checks out and there’s no fuses blown, but I’m wondering if the ECM (located in front of the radiator) is faulty. Is there any way to test the ECM?
I’m really hoping someone out there has some insight into this problem. This tractor has been in my shop for 2 months now and it’s still not fixed.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The ECM you want is the one behind the seat left side, I had Farmtronics test mine, $900 said it was good but was actually screwed. Matt at Full Line Ag at Perdue reworked the wiring and bipassed the ecm totally.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We had the lead representative cap off and had the unclogger tried and it's functioning as it ought to, however there's no power getting to it. All the wiring looks at and there's no breakers blown, yet I'm contemplating whether the ECM (situated before the radiator) is flawed. Might it be said that there is any method for testing the ECM? I'm truly trusting somebody who might be listening has some knowledge into this issue. This farm hauler has been in my shop for a very long time at this point it's as yet not fixed.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I think I have a different 8770 than you mine is a newholland and I bet yours is a Deere, I hope I did not kill too much of your time . With my (help)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had same problem this fall with my 8780. After trying many things and several hours replaced two 1 1/2 foot rubber fuel hose on each end of the steel fuel line and problem was fixed. Figured out hose was collapsing from inside when under pressure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts