The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 1997 8780 that was retrofitted with a plate off of a black throat to accept newer heads.
My dilemma is that I need a 8 row wide corn head to go on this thing. My current options are a 1999 gleaner hugger head or an 894 Deere head.
After talking to some people at different dealerships each head poses it's own issues of getting it all to work. Does anybody have any experience attaching any of these heads to an XP throat, or any other suggestions of heads that would work better in an 8 wide configuration?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just bought a 1997 8780 that was retrofitted with a plate off of a black throat to accept newer heads.
My dilemma is that I need a 8 row wide corn head to go on this thing. My current options are a 1999 gleaner hugger head or an 894 Deere head.
After talking to some people at different dealerships each head poses it's own issues of getting it all to work. Does anybody have any experience attaching any of these heads to an XP throat, or any other suggestions of heads that would work better in an 8 wide configuration?
I will be selling a 8 row wide 3000 Massey corn head on auction time in a week or two just thought I would let you know if you would be interested!! It is in Nebraska!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will be selling a 8 row wide 3000 Massey corn head on auction time in a week or two just thought I would let you know if you would be interested!! It is in Nebraska!!
Thanks for the info. I will keep an eye on auction Time. I don't see it on there yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same dilemma...updated my red feederhouse on 8780 to XP style. Great upgrade very happ, now fits direct on flex header. But corn header now won’t fit...looking to remanufacture corn head hookup...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts