The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The warning light and alarm keep going on in the combine. It seems like when we start the combine it works on and off for a short while but then does not work at all- ie keeps alarming. We have approx. 10V power at the sensor. The ground is good- ie the air cleaner on the same ground works fine. I believe the tank of the oil reservoir grounds to the frame so it does not need it anyway. We replaced the sensor with a new one but that did not help either. When we bypass the sensor completely I would assume the alarm should stop. It stays on. The only assumption we have left is that it would likely be a faulty monitor module. As far as we can tell there is no easy way to test it, bypass it as a temporary fix or easily replace it. We are hopefully going to start harvest if it ever dries out! We have been done the soyabeans by now some years and have hardly begun. We don't even dare open the console to look at the module. We can run like this but if we break something or loosen some of the connections etc we would be in a real bind. We do not want to do that! Not something we need with so much work ahead. Any suggestions? Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the manual says an open circuit but I assume the sensor closes the circuit when it is covered in oil. There is no float or other mechanism that I see that would cause a current to flow when there is no oil and stop the current when it is covered in oil. If you have some insight, I am all ears. Thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
solution found

We thought it could be a sensor, then a bad battery, but finally it was a bad alternator that was causing all the combine alarms, etc. We had to fix the starter as a result of the low battery too. We are likely going to put the alternator on a maintenance list to reduce this problem in future. The hydraulic alarm still goes off at times but that is not so bad.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I was just going to say I had a similar problem and it was a bad ground and l had a bad connection . One of the first things was the hydraulic light came on . Then it would turn over and not start. 10 volts was all I could get and then I shut the key off and the dash stayed on. All from a couple bad connections.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.