The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at an 8820 that has about a 16 in. extension that goes straight up and has the original fold down extensions on top, does anyone have any idea how much grain it would hold?

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Hi, I have a 8820 turbo combine and I'm wondering what kind of grain tank extensions would work for a v-tunnel from a different combine to adapt
That is a good question. Just about anything will work if your fabrication skills are half decent. Probably the biggest problem on these machines is the muffler being in the hopper. As long as you can keep grain from surrounding the muffler and catching fire, pretty much anything is possible. With a bit more work, you can get the exhaust up and out of the way. I did add an extension on the air precleaner side of things. Adding the hopper top caused a lot more dust and chaff to get drawn into the air precleaner. It would plug the air filter a lot faster and you would have to blow it out daily. Now it is once a season.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
A straight extension can step around the exhaust. May not hold as much, but remember that the axles and finals are not as heavy on these older combines. Put a huge whopper hopper on these and you risk breaking the combine! This extension reuses the existing flip up extensions as part of the extension.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts