The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, first post here, would like some information from those of you familiar with the 8820. anyone running combines with the long (20 ft) auger have trouble with breaking the collar on the auger in the grain tank where the cylinder is attached? my next question is will the 28l x 26 tires and rims on newer combines fit the old 8820s? i know they must have the eight hole rims and new 4wd, but what about the clearance? any input would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
209 Posts
Quote:Hey guys, first post here, would like some information from those of you familiar with the 8820. anyone running combines with the long (20 ft) auger have trouble with breaking the collar on the auger in the grain tank where the cylinder is attached? my next question is will the 28l x 26 tires and rims on newer combines fit the old 8820s? i know they must have the eight hole rims and new 4wd, but what about the clearance? any input would be greatly appreciated

We have a 20 ft. auger on our 8820 T2. We have not had any problem with breaking the collar like you described but we have noticed the auger moving around when it was pulled in. After we looked into it, we found that the bracket that the cylinder attaches to on the bin wall had worn. The pin had strecthed the hole. With that long of an auger and swinging it in and out over the years just wore out the whole set up. So we are planning on replacing the bracket and the cylinder pins and the collar to tighten it up. This could be your problem.

As for the bigger tires, I'm not sure that they would fit. You would have to extend the axles all the way out I would guess. Then you would have to turn the wheels to see if it would hit the ladder or anything else. It would be nice, but not sure if it would work. I would like to see it myself. We run 16.9 X 26 tires.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the input guys, we had an 8820 II on the farm a few years back and had lots of trouble with the collar breaking, usually when cutting ends in corn ( most all corn is farmed on beds here, central Louisiana), we have accumulated 2 8820 turbos and an 8820 II in the last year. pretty much a totally rebuild on all three. the 8820 II has a crack in the collar so i guess we will have to repair/replace it. i would really like to try the big tires on the rear, mainly to elevate the back of the machine. saw one on machinefinder about 8 years ago but lost the pics. may have to modify to make it work

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have found this pictures in the yesterday tractor forum, some weeks ago. I think that rear tires are 28L26.
I have the 8820 turbo brochure, and they said that you can put 73x44x32 in the front axle!! Would like to see this stuff of feature!!!

The owner said that he has no more problems in muddy conditions with these amazing tires.

·
Registered
209 Posts
There's no way he could possibly turn sharp with those big tires. That tire would be into the ladder or fuel tank. I would have to see some up close shots of it.

But I will say that it does look impressive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts