The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a really nice day Saturday and went out for a drive. Ended up in Grand Island, so we decided to see what was new with the Case/New Holland plant and stumbled into not 1 but 2 9010's driving around. Only got a pic of one, the other drove inside before we noticed that the decal said 9010. Guess I didn't even know about them. Must be just a little more power because they sure look the same. Any way here's a few pics for ya.

Oh yeah,

Why was the CNH sign taken down? It now reads CASE IH with a tiny little CNH at the bottom? No mention of New Holland on the sign.

What does that say? Some warning about something. My German has never been very good!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
According to babelfish, that translates to:

"Note! Vehicle shears out."

Not to restate the obvious, but it looks like those 9010s are the ones being sold in europe, which I think are just 8010s with more HP. The rumor is that there are some 9010 test mules here in the US, which may have more than just a turned up engine.

BTW, what is that header? Some kind of a stress test unit for oil flow maybe? Looks like that may be a cooling fan for a hydraulic tank or something.

-Lance

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Thats clearly headed overseas with a bin extension like that. And as for the sign outside the plant, as I mentioned before over in the NH section, it looks as if red is edging yellow out. Thats one big thing I noticed when the CNH merger took place. I live about 25 miles from Grand Island, and not long after the merge you saw the plant get repainted, more to suite the Case brand, and you began to see less and less mention of NH all over that plant. New signs that said either Case or CNH, nowhere did you see New Holland spelled out. Now you see more red coming out of there than yellow.

·
Super Moderator
3,837 Posts
Quote:

What does that say?

A red (looks like) pivot tongue haybine badged New Holland. Hmm...

Attention: No Deere passing on the right!
Maybe.

Don

·
Registered
187 Posts
I went to the factory in mid-Febuary to see our 7010 built and saw a 9010 that was built for the states off over in the corner off of the main production line. It did look a little different than the 8010. I was told it was to go out this spring in the midwest somewhere. I spent most of the time with my combine and I forgot to go over and get some pics of the 9010. I didn't get close enough to it to tell if it was that much different than an 8010. It did have different shields compared to the 8010.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm not trying to call bighammer a liar but I've been to the cnh plant before and that cemetary in the background of the first pic doesn't look familiar to me. where exactly is that at from the plant. I do however recognize the line up pics I have the same ones in 04 with the ol black and red 8010's some of them even had yellow wheels cuz they didn't have enough for the red bines. No tours though they were renevating the plant when I was there. wait a minute is that cemetary on the north side of the road that runs E and W of the plant. I have one pic here that almost looks like a cemetary in the background... It was kinda hard to notice other things with all those new bines around.
yep the chain link fence is a dead give away I retract my previous statement nice work big hammer...

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
08 production has a several changes. the best one being a LARGER control pressure pump about dam time. changes to yield monitor, and pro600, spreader, chopper, and feeder changes.

·
Premium Member
5,952 Posts
Native German speaker here

The literal translation is "Danger! Vehicle digs out" I spit my tea at the computer after reading that
I think that's supposed to be "Danger! Vehicle throws debris", but it's a very bad wording for that...

-Christian

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm LIT (lost in translation).
thanks for clearing it up I figured it should say something like that.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The warning is for other vehicles on the road, to let them now that a combine moves its back to the left, when it turns right. Many car drivers don't realize that. We had some very dangerous situations because of that......

For the combine, sure is headed our way. But I think I heard something about the 9010 in another thread? Didn't Tom from Austria write something about it?

Edit: About the haybine. I lost track of how NH changed their colour again. But what is the current scheme? Isn't hay euipment red and yellow?

The Wanderer

·
Super Moderator
3,837 Posts
Quote:Edit: About the haybine. I lost track of how NH changed their colour again. But what is the current scheme? Isn't hay euipment red and yellow?
The Wanderer

Your probably right. I'm not familiar with haying equipment at all.
Sorry about that.

Don

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Actuall im from southern il and here we speak alot of german.

that actually says Get the F#$% out of my way.

thats german with a touch of Southern American Dialect..

(hope i spelled that right)

big word

·
Registered
23 Posts
That cemetary is not that old just started to burry all the cat and JD spies that have started to show up the last few years when the 8010s have started to kick there as-!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Dad and I drove through the plant yard last summer on our way out to Colorado, didn't plan ahead enough to arrange for a tour. We didn't see anything that looked like they did testing or engineering work there, wonder if they started doing that since then? 9010ihdeereslayer, from reading your posts it sounds like you work in the plant. Would that be someone in your department out there running that machine? Would you know what they are trying to accomplish with that funny header?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Quote:Actuall im from southern il and here we speak alot of german.

Somebody should probably tell the engineers at case they need to put that on the front.

·
Registered
380 Posts

big word

LOL!!!

·
Registered
886 Posts

big word

LMAO!

·
Registered
127 Posts

big word

There you go, I was always looking for a better translation

Not sure how CNH's political correctness department would react if they ever find out

The Wanderer

1 - 20 of 21 Posts