The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought up in the "other" forum, though I would bring it over there.

When is Case going to put more effort into matching the 590? Can the 8010 be pushed a little more with higher hp, or is it at its limits already?

·
Registered
246 Posts
A much bigger combine would not be suitable for wet conditions I would think. We already have problems around here with a 2388 during a wet harvest. We've been in fields where we could only fill the grain tank half full before dumping because we kept getting stuck.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
thats how i feel

If they do it i hope they keep the same design and don't go to something completely different

Thats one of Case's Best deals over the years was keeping alot of the things the same

Kinda like chevy trucks..i can take a piece of an old 80 something and slap it on a early 90's truck

·
Registered
246 Posts
They would have to do something a little different I would think though. I don't know that the 8010 would have enough thrashing and cleaning capacity for a bigger motor.

·
Registered
53 Posts
In reply to Alex. no the 8010 chassis is not at its limits. When I was trained on the chassis and power components, we were told that the gearcase etc. were rated at 550HP. So unless something changed, there's still 100 HP left to go.

Add another 100 hp to an 8010??? Now there's something to thinks about!

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
it's at it's limits for right now. bringing out a new bigger combine would in itself bring out more uneeded problems. Let it settle for first, then think about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts