The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

As i am a huge case fan, had a disappointing 9120 demo yesterday.
I never personally got to run the machine. We had four deere 9770s on the field going about 4.5 mph (in a 35ft swath), while the 9120 could rock through it at up to 7 or 8mph if pushed. The grain sample was alot worse than the deeres (said the others who drove it). I know this must have been a setting issue, or perhaps the machine wasn't fully loaded and running partly empty???, making the sample not as good?

anyhow, it was disappointing. The case was stopped and being tweaked all day, not to mention the techs had to tighten the belts on the pick up drapers because they were slipping...i know its an easy and understandable problem, but when you pull into a deere farm (with red power mind you) you better have your sh#T together...

any ideas why they couldn't dial it in? Our guys and the case techs, and we could get a clean sample...not matter what speed we went...

Cheers
red

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
we had a 9770 in the area, it ran about 2/3 of a 7120, with same loses, but technoligy in the cab is like going back 10 years in the deere cab

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Losses would be my biggest concern. I would think you should be able to fully load it in a 35' swath, especially this year. Tightening the belts on the pickup head, big deal, what are deeres self tightening? A bit of dockage doesn't seem like that big a deal when you could have a combine that is almost twice as big.

G

·
no dought eh. the local guys hear seem to be having good luck with both of them, the 88 and 10 or 20 series. They did have the same initial problems with the 10 series, but they seem to be good now. The guys who are running them seem to be happy. The 9120's in the area are running good, and i haven't heard of any problems with cleaning capacity, or having to change out components to go from crop to crop or field to field like farmerjones is talking about. perhaps we are lucky and got the machines made on Wednesday up hear.

·
Registered
8 Posts
farmer jones- let it go!! we get you don't like your 7010. that's a shame cause the majority of us do. Every machine has issues for sure but the constant bashing is getting stale.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replys.
I do have better red news today. The 9120 showed up to redeem itself yesterday. And it did.
Same deal, oats, 35ft swath.

These are hulless oats, and i think that is what caught the case guys before. Maybe they had the setting for regular hulled oats. This stuff you treat the combine like its wheat. They got the sample cleanness to equal the that of the deere. And were able to go 6 mph where the 9770 would go 4-4.5.
Operator comments were that the cab was much quieter than the deere and they didn't have to slow down for lumps at all, they seemed to love the power. They were curious of the unload rate, but i think the spec is 3.3 bu/sec for both.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well the 9770 and 9760STS is our crops (rice, soybeans) can't touch a 7010 or 8010! The sts machines are throwing rice out the back like a "bullet"..LOL I agree the 7010/8010 won't unload as fast as the sts, but it still is unloading at about 2.7bu/sec. in rice, the deere about 3.0bu/sec. Lots of deere boys not happy with the sts in rice. Crops different all across the world.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
i agree cases dont unload like an STS you can actually carry on a conversation in the case cab with the unloader on...sorry couldn't resist.

·
Registered
176 Posts
3- 3.5mph is about right for a 2588 with a 12 row head in 200+ bushel corn. You have to realize that it is only a class 6 machine- it's not a detuned class 8 like your 9660

1 - 11 of 11 Posts