The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in Australia right know not far fromyou and case has not replaced the rotor twice. It has the wrong concave set up and needs 4 different rubs installed

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One dealer did replace a small tube with a large tube, it worked well and it did stop the rotor loss.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would like to know the problem and solution as well because we are looking at a 8120 with small tube rotor and would like to know the ins-amd-outs. Does the small tube separate as well as the standard tube rotor?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
lol, true.

when i first saw this thread with that name i thought you may have taken a hammering. probably a good choice...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just wondering if any one else is having troubles with 9120's bucketing grain out the back. There is a guy here in Oz that is having heaps of trouble and Case Ih have replaced the rotor twice now trying to fix the problem.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
wheat not my bb but in corn you need to slow all the vanes down adn run it faster than a normal afx need to send andy to auz I guess good luck

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
farmertony- it was hard thresh wheat, it would throw wheat if you went more than 85% load,there were 4narrows and 4 wide wires, didn't matter what I used. Had to install atleast 4 different rub bars to stop it,it worked in Austrailia but won't work in Canada, too much straw will plug the rotor. Also did it in barley,installed one wide wire in the first position on the left to stop the loss, worked well.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Here in Canada I agree with skyhawk. From what I've seen the small tube rotor isn't doing a good job of saving grain. The combine can really put the crop through but saving it is more difficult. Did you lose much capacity with the afx? I'm not saying the small tube can't be set because I don't know but they must be hard to set because guys running them are throwing more grain than before the small tube came out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am having the same problem here in Australia with my 9120 AFX. Large grain losses in wheat at anything above 20 to 23 tonne per hour. I have tried all sorts of settings and concaves (modules).
I best setup I can find is (& I have tried all adjustments)
Concaves - Small Wire position 1 & 2, Large Skip position 3 & 4.
Rotor - 15 to 20, rpm 950 to 1000
Fan 950
Top sieve 16, bottom 10, pre-sieve notch 5.
I have a 40ft 2152. Typical grain loss up 300kg/ha if I go from 7.5km/hr to 10km/hr, which is over 10% of the grain (yielding 2.5 to 3t/ha).
The latest from the dealer is to put in the 8 spiked rasp bars on the rotor. This has helped but still losing way too much grain.
The machine will happily do 40t/hr plus, but losses go high.
With the grain lost I am using my grain weight trip meter and havesting full runs of the paddock at different speeds and setting, resetting the weight each run. Is it possible the weight harvested is reading incorrectly high at the slower speeds?
Any ideas?

·
Registered
178 Posts
dfully what kind of wheat are you harvesting? ive got a 8120 with the afx rotor had it up to 80-85thour in bread wheat and up to 60-65 t hour in durum.

·
Registered
463 Posts
dfully

have you tried to close the concave more, around 2-5 and 1000-1050 rpm if not faster?
pre sieve at 2-3 top at 15 bottom at 12-15

You should be running 6+mph as long as there isnt a lot of straw intake

·
Registered
40 Posts
dfully Unless you have calibrated your yield monitor at different speeds for the entire cal load I would be careful using that data to set up the combine. ie do a load at 3mph 4mph 5mph if your regular speed is 4 If you use the yield loss indicators on the new series of combine I believe that they do not show acuratley the rotor loss as rotor loss but as sieve loss causing us to often correct the wrong problem

·
Registered
40 Posts
once calibrated properly a yield monitor in my opinion is much better and faster than than any scale at helping to monitor performance of a combine plus showing the differance within any row or area you wish to weigh off

1 - 20 of 68 Posts