The Combine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody started wheat harvest with a 9120 on tracks? we have a grower looking at putting a 24,row 20inch gerringhoff on a 9120,13000 pound head figured only tracks would hold it. he farms in wet ground with a fair amount of peat. interested in how smooth they road also, thanks

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
i would guess rough riding, haven't sold any track kits, have to have rear wheel assist installed to turn, need to install rear weight kit, ladys are to light on front with that big of head, haven't got any 9120's till fall, 8120's have all machines, last fall was the only time tracks would have been a option for us, dual front up, were in nc north dakota, road speed is reduced, don't remember how much, any questions, i can look tomorrow and reply tomorrow night, scott.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks scott, I think there was 9120 on tracks in sw wis last fall and the main complaint I heard was rough roading which is understandable as a quad is rough on gravel. This customer has always got rear wheel assist. I didn`t think about rear weights, probably would need them although tracks would ballast the combine differently. Supposedly this head is on lexions but nothing else yet.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
You might want to read through farmertony's 9120 thread. I recall he said his machine would do 21MPH on tracks.

-Lance

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
i'm with lance farmertony has a few hours in a 9120 with track option and as far as i know the only one that has one to my knowledge

·
Registered
620 Posts
There will be an 8010 running in wheat here this summer and it will have the tracks installed on it and we will have to see how it works out.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Its smoother than tires.. It does not lope like tires do. newer tracks have gotten rid of a lot of the rough ride on the quads as well. they used to make the tracks in sections, now they are made in one piece. the 9120 rides real smooth on tracks. I have a lot of road time in. she'll handle that gerringhoff like nothing

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks ft will he still have to put on rear weights and how does the weight of this gerringhoff compare to say a 42 ft draper

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
farmertony did it have a rear weight kit, large feeder house cylinders , i'm assuming, pick beast up okay, how does it road with that heavy head, i know you should road someting that wide and heavy just lookin for info, biggest heads we have are 16 row, scott.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts