The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alex, you dominated that last post and then locked it. We have a new combine coming August 8th. I ordered an 8010 last November. Is it going to be an 8020? 8120? 8010? Not sure what it will be, I do know it is coming with the new style corn head and will be an 09 model.

My dealer didn't mentin anything about 9120's or 16 row heads. I would of definitely at least checked it out before making a decision. The 8010 we have now just needs a couple more feet of sieves and that thing would be perfect. Of course, then the elevator probably couldn't handle all the grain. . . and so on. There is always a bottle neck somewhere.

Catch you cats later

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Yes sorry it was locked due to a request by the afformentioned parties.

I am going to finish removing it except for the pictures themselves tonight.

The combine you ordered should still be an 8010, the 8120 will be for MY09. The 16 row cornhead is still in developement as far as I know.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
If the Case boys are so worked up about people finding out about this new model then why did't they put a different model number on the side and let everyone jus think that it was an 8010 or something. Are people really going to be looking that hard when they drive by and see it to think that it may not be an 8010 or even 7010?

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Connor isn't that the truth... instead of putting the reall number or drapeing it in big cloth then why not put 8010 on the side and don't say anything..

then again im just a young dumb kid...so what do i know...

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
It's almost like they're trying to get caught or want to. Two guys in red shirts, hmmm wonder who they work for. As if thats not a giveaway, as well as the fact that when asked about it they remain tight lipped and all of a sudden leave, not to mention going back to the dealer and *****in that somebody is on to them. Why not dress normal and act dumb and not put obvious camoflage or model numbers that just scream "Look at me".

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Reminds me of college basketball or football coaches who plead and tell everyone for 2 weeks there's no way they would leave there all time move favorite college and how there's no way he would move his family ect..ect

and bam...he's gone!!!!! haha

Also those two guys can't tell anyone to not tell anyone or shut up.

they told him at there own free will... ive never met alex but i doubt he kidnaped them and torchered them for info......

case or the dealer should tell there employes to shut the own traps.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
It wasn't just the local manager that had a talk with me, I mean after all it was THE MAN in charge that was telling me the 9120 has a different feederhouse floor & more power from a bigger engine... I mean that's like calling the pot black

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
I don't think you should lock it, freedom of information. If they are stupid enough to go around with a branded machine then thats their problem.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
The local Case Manager told me that it was the lead engineer of combines for Case Global, it's just what i was told.

The other thread was locked at the request of the involved parties, mainly because it would violate his non-disclosure agreement. Which is neither here nor there now.

Also me working for John Deere has nothing to do with it being locked, think about it. I work for the competition, wouldn't it benefit me to show people what's coming in the new Case machines? I would love too show people but I'd rather not lose an aquaintance over something that could cost him $$$. I did it in our best shared interests.

FT check your messages.

Alex

·
Registered
301 Posts
Freedom of information involves government branches. The reason they want things lock down has more to do with intellectual property law. If the information has become public domain before the patent has been granted and the patent gets denied then they screwed themselves. Someone can then patent something slightly more complex and not grant them a license to use it. Patent apps can take over a year to go from pending to granted.

Having an admin who works for Deere instead of a custom cutter most likely had more to do with their newfound resolve on you removing pics.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
stuff changes I saw the 7000 series price sheet. I have a 9020 price sheet here on my desk. things change as long as they make the changes I ask for, thats all that matters.

·
Super Moderator
3,830 Posts
Just 15 more orders and it will be 1/2 as good as as a Lexion.
Sorry Tony. Way too many Kokanee.
Don't want to jeopardized my steak and refreshment.
I'd be willing to bet you and I would get along just fine.

Don

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Hey farmertony, I don't know who died and made you the Case IH guru, but maybe you should think that you might not know as much as you think. I've noticed that a lot of info that you thought you've had the inside track on that you've shared on here has come back to bite you the a** and been not quite right. All this coming from a man who says and thinks hes in tighter than anyone else with Case. Don't think for a second that Case is gonna share more info or secrets with you over anybody else just because you've bought some new equipment from them.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tony, I have been talking to case and they tell me I can probably get my hands on a 16 row corn head for this fall, but it will be a chopping head. is yours going to be choppi style? I'll pass on a hp eating chopping head, but would love to get a 3416 new style head. they are going to check on that for me.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
I doubt it myself and you need a heavy lift package to pick it up. talked to a guy with a 16 row drago on a 8010 had 4 cyclinders fluid and 2500 lbs on the back.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts