The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to shift my rotor speed up and couldn't get it into gear, yes waited until it was stopped before I shifted it. The rotor was turning at 10 rpm but when you engaged the switch it said to turn off separator.
After shutting combine off a couple times it started with rotor in 3rd but the rotor was already moving. I hit the switch and all was good so I went till it got tough. When I disengaged the switch the rotor didn't disengage.
Yesterday morning started it up and rotor was turning again. Finished the field and put rotor in neutral so wasn't spinning for a longer move and started blowing the combine off. Ran for 10-15 minutes then sputtered like out of fuel and quit.
It wont start now. Fires for a couple seconds then seems like something is engaging and quits.
Any idea where to start. I'm guessing CVT is maby piled up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not sure why your combine won’t start but the reason the rotor wouldn’t stop turning is a faulty wiring harness. Have had happen a few times. Also sounds like you have some worn shift forks in your gearbox.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
It's been a while but there is a wire connection under the buddy seat on the outside of the cab that fails not turning the rotor brake on.

Could try to put a different PTO brake valve cartridge in, they fail too.

Assuming the engine issue is not related but hard telling.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found out what the problem is, sort of. My rotor is staying engaged and my brake is also, that's why it wont run. I took the spool off the brake and could combine till it rained. Has to be a wiring issue but haven't found where yet.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think once the wire harness on these combines start to give trouble it’s probably better to replace the entire harness. Otherwise you might fix one spot only for another to give an issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts