The Combine Forum banner

9120?

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  torriem 
#1 ·
Hello how do the 9120 go in barley with 40ft front 2152? Thank you

#3 ·
Hello, up and down or round and round, but make sure you have bin extensions on it.

Is it going to be running against a 9860/70?

9870/9860 bin extension dicks welding or muarer? Or bigtop, are thee dick welding ones hard to freight?
Or a 7088?

Hello does dicks welding make bin extension for 7088 says on web site he does 2388 never seen one. Plenty on deere sand lexions, thank you.

#6 ·
Isn't the 9120 the big dog case with over 500 horses.Why would you chip it? Australia doesn't grow crops big enough to need more. I found running our Jd machines that there was nothing between our 9660 and a7088 both with 40ft fronts, this we ran a new S670 with a 8120 and there was nothing in it either except a fuel that filled the red one up more.

#9 ·
I run 9120 with 45 foot header and 1-8120 normal and 1 8120 chipped with 40 foot. All run side by side. The 9120 has all the power I will ever need. The chipped 8120 is more responsive and it makes a diff. The non chipped 8120 works just fine and I would not chip again. We run around 90 percent engine load all day every day and love the machines. All 3 machines will need to be filled for fuel after 13-14 hrs. No big diff in 40 bu canola or 50 bu wheat. At 4.5 mph we solved a lot of issues that we had going 5.5. I've had new gleaners, deeres, and now first time case in 2011. Speed is your biggest loser of grain and fuel on all makes.imo.

#10 ·
I run 9120 with 45 foot header and 1-8120 normal and 1 8120 chipped with 40 foot. All run side by side. The 9120 has all the power I will ever need. The chipped 8120 is more responsive and it makes a diff. The non chipped 8120 works just fine and I would not chip again. We run around 90 percent engine load all day every day and love the machines. All 3 machines will need to be filled for fuel after 13-14 hrs. No big diff in 40 bu canola or 50 bu wheat. At 4.5 mph we solved a lot of issues that we had going 5.5. I've had new gleaners, deeres, and now first time case in 2011. Speed is your biggest loser of grain and fuel on all makes.imo.
agreed going too fast is a killer onn fuel usage and losses are running small tube on your 9120 when we brough ours it was small tube but in wheat couldnt set it for losses we expect the dealer said we where too fussy

landed up changing the rotor out and never looked back

#11 · (Edited)
Interesting how everyone's conditions are different. We've run small tubes for several years and don't find any difference at all in terms of settings or losses. The only difference we found was that we can run longer into the evenings and deal with green weeds and straw a lot better (more capacity). We have a 7120 chipped, and it keeps up nicely with the 7230 (stock). Fuel consumption seems about the same too.

Agree about the speed issue. Especially in canola. I suspect losses of 10-20% are easily possible if you try to load up the combine in canola.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.