The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

I have just started harvesting canola for the season and everything was going fine until night shift started blocking the cleaning fan with canola and now it happens every run. It seems to start blocking on the right hand side first.
All of our settings are the same as they have always been pre sieve 1, upper 12, lower 8, fan 650, rotor 600 we have run like this for the last 10yrs no problems.

So i have double checked all my calibrations and crossed them to the 8120, pulled pre sieve out everything looked fine nothing missing, the one thing i have found is the cleaning area is hard to the right to the point where just in front of the pre sieve handle has been rubbing on the frame.

when ever the fan overloaded in the past it always came down to the pre sieve calibration

any ideas or help would be great thanks

·
Registered
803 Posts
My thoughts would be that your bottom sieve is perhaps tighter than you think. Just make sure you actually look at the opening and don't just go by the screen. Also make sure sieve is running level from side to side.

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Also make sure sieve is running level from side to side.
This is what I thought of when you said it always started on one side. Sieve angle can be displayed on a run screen to make sure it is changing properly over hills.

I would have to check but I think I was running my fan closer to 800, but sieves open further as well.

Where are you that you just started harvesting canola in November? Australia???

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yep swman. I'd imagine he is. We all going flat out in canola now. Ironically I just had my neighbour ring me tonight with this exact problem as well on his new 8230 to see if i had any ideas. Only thng also was check bottom sieves were open same amount as well. Had the bracket come of mine once. Didn't go into fan just turned sample to sht.
Keep us updated!!

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All sorted now thanks for your replies.

When i removed all of the sieves i found that the lower left hand sieve had dropped the butterfly clip that joins the sieve to the actuator and was wide open once they were out i found that the left one was really tight so maybe the actuator couldn't handle the pressure and let go, just a guess. i've had plenty of fan blocks but they all come down to pre sieve.

went good all day so happy to say its fixed

thanks again for the replies

yes i am on the south coast of western australia

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.