The Combine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new to the forum. Running a 9230 picking up a 36' canola swath running around 45 to 50 bushel. Having trouble with rotor losses if we go above 85% engine load. If I run the rotor up to 900 to 1000 I can make the losses respectable. Any thoughts? What are guys running there settings at this year ?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
More info needed. How long was it cut, and is it dry? Is the straw dry, shelling out good? What concave setup are you running, what cab indictor setting? How fast are you driving, or better question trying to drive? Are you sure it's rotor loss, not sieve loss, and sure that its actually loss and not just the monitor? Do you have a chopper cover plate installed?

For reference, our settings on 8120 35' swath, we've done 600 acres of several different varieties and conditions, yields mostly from 40-50. Rotor 600, fan 750-800, top 13-14, bottom 10-12, concave 6-8, vanes in mid position. We run hard thresh in first row, small wire in rows 2 + 3, slotted on row 4 (can do large wire). This year it's threshing good not a lot of sieve loss but we have run all 4 rows of small wire to limit overloading sieves in other years. Driving 3.5 - 4+ mph depending on conditions which is much better than the 3 mph last year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's been down anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks. It's dry and threshing easy. Have kept small wires all up front with large on back. All cover plates in chopper area and top of module 2. Settings are 11 and 9 on sieves 34 concaves rotor had been from 600 and up. Fan from 650 800 depending on swath in field We are traveling around same speed. I guess that's all we can do in 36'. Rotor speed really didn't do much by speeding up I heard these beasts could go hard in canola

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
34 on concaves? Wow that's wide, maybe try going up to 10 to see if that helps. When its really dry, we drop to 520 rotor speed and it helps with losses. On a 35 bpa field that is short (less straw), should be able to push 5 mph. Power isn't the problem, its the cleaning.

·
Registered
355 Posts
With rotor speed up round the 900 mark and large wires in rear ur more than likely throwing smashed stalks on your sensor pads. I'm with others slower and closer concave with trying smaller modules on rear if can. I run 2 smooth modules and works like charm. Should be no seed left in by 3rd module anyway. Unless ur doing real green or wet stuff power should never be a problem. Never is on my 7230 on 40-45ft windrows.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies. I will try tightening concave up and slowing down. The wide concave and speed was a setting from a case Rep ,I guess he needs to start sitting in the seat more often. So the sieve settings are out to lunch that are in the book. It says 5 and 5 with low wind. These can be tricky machines to set

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.