The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 9280 at an auction this spring with 6450 hours. I got to use it this fall and it has turned out to be a good machine. The problem now is I need to come up with some 24.5r32 tires. I would prefer firestone radials but they are $2,6000. My question is does anyone have experience with alliance brand tires ($1,7000) or titan tires and I wondered how bias tires perform compared to radials. I only need the tractor a 100 hours per year so I hate to go all out. Thanks in advance, Bart

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
I couldn't advise buying anything except radials, they will perform better in every way for that tractor. I would advise you shop around though, factories are slowing down and tires aren't as scarce as they once were. Prices are coming down because of increased supply from what I have heard.

EDIT: Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Do not buy titan unless you want a christmas card from your tire man. Have alliance rubber on my manure tank and are holding up quite well. Few guys around here have stuck mitas tires on tractors and seem to be getting along well with them.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I had the same deal with my steiger I put on a set of alliance tires and saved a lot of money they are similar in tread design to a Michelin and have less than 15% wear after 1600 hrs (they have wear indicators) they are a great tire awesome traction and self clean well road nice and seem to have decent side walls I will defiantly consider tham again

·
Super Moderator
5,151 Posts
I bought a 9280 at an auction this spring with 6450 hours. I got to use it this fall and it has turned out to be a good machine. The problem now is I need to come up with some 24.5r32 tires. I would prefer firestone radials but they are $2,6000. My question is does anyone have experience with alliance brand tires ($1,7000) or titan tires and I wondered how bias tires perform compared to radials.
I'm having a little trouble with comma placement and zeros, I don't know if you mean 26,000 for a set or 2,600 per tire?:confused:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the welcomes everybody I have really enjoyed this forum the last few months since I found it. The tractor has two radial armstrong tires that are almost new so I am looking at getting six tires though It would be nice to have a matched set. I keep hoping I could find a good used set but I suppose everyone has that dream. It sounds like I should stay with the radicals, I haven't had any experience with bias tires so appreciate the advice.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can get BKT but there is not a local dealer. I don't have my notes but I think they were around $2,100 each. Am I mistaken that Titan and Goodyear tires are the same. I had a bad experience with a set of Goodyears on a 8430 John Deere.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
This summer a local colony was headed down to Colorado to pick up a large aluminum stock trailer ( probably for hogs etc ) and then over to Nebraska as they made a deal on some tires at this company I will include a link to. As per usual colony practices they were calling around to see if they could get some other farmers interested in buying some tires so it would pay for their trip and why I knew anything about this company in the states I'd never heard of before. So if you haven't checked them out, might not hurt and who knows, maybe they have some good used tires on rims even. I know their prices were a fair bit less then the very same tire up here ... of course we always get hosed up here regardless :rolleyes:

Welcome to Dawson Tire & Wheel

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I bought my tires from dawson tire and wheel they are very good to deal with remeber when pricing to figure out and add in duty and other fees when buying tires in usa usually tires not made in NAFTA are7 -14% duty and then tire tax etx i still was able to buy tires much cheaper than in canada though

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.