The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we are having problems trying to cut wheat with this header. the crop doesn't want to auger across the header, it just builds up in front of the auger and then it will take a slug of crop in.

also can't lift the reel at all, it needs to be right down in order to push crop towards the auger. if I lift it at all the crop really builds up in front of header then will take a big slug in.

what can we do?! adjust auger in any way??

my dad said he heard years ago that people would take a grinder to the flighting to "sharpen" it. I think that would mean squaring up the edge of flighting so it wasn't as rounded??

need help, thanks.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have seen where some years the grain feeds worse on these headers than others. They are poor at best. I found running reels back as far as possible helped one year. I never have sharpened auger up, it won't hurt anything and may improve it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Had a chance to do a few adjustments to the header. Started by lowering the auger, then adjusted reel pitch into last hole, it was in 2nd last. Then I slid reel back. It was in rear hole but we measured and drilled a new hole to get it back another notch

Just did enough to take a test with, seemed to be better, no slugs. Hope it will work ok

I did read another post about a guy saying to "sharpen" the flighting, so I think that will be on the to do list

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.