The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a 9380 quadtrac powershift with 6000hrs transmission filter light came on so i cut the filter to find full of steel, drives fine but am thinking transmission will need disasembling im thinking, or is it worth removing pump and checking
regards

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Was it large chunks or fines? i would take an oil sample to determine nature of metal, however if its plugged the filter (assuming filter is changed at correct hours) it might be shagged. If its lead it may just be a clutch pack stuffed, and trannys do tend to run high iron as well. With dozers we occasionally get filters clogged, we check sample data, take new sample, drain and flush oil...and sometimes it never plays up again...im amazed what you can loose out of a tranny and they still go!!!

Ant...good luck

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Doesn't sound good, I think you would be wise to have tranny repair now, keep running it could get real spendy, Scott.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sowing is finished its has a lot of fine metal in it was thinking i might have to pull the transmission before i really need the tractor again, just thought someone may have come acroos the pump failing before tranny, would be a lot easier and cheaper to change

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Pull a oil sample when it's hot, can help point u in right direction...need to know what type of metal it is...$60 can save u alot...IMO

Ant..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts