The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new member but a long time reader. I'm having problems with my 9400 cylinder speed read out on my corner post. I'm combining corn and my cylinder rpm keep going up and down from 350 to 500 ( steady). I changed sensor,cleaned all connections. It must be electrical. It ready 350 rpm empty then when I start into the rows of corn it starts dancing up and down. Looking for different ideas to check out. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Make sure your unloading auger switch is in the neutral position. If switch is still active than oil could be going to auger causing a shortage for your cylinder rpm. I notice this when I swing auger out to unload that the rpm s on cylinder drop. Not saying this is your problem but just someone passed on to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
green acres

I was combining beans again today and my cylinder speed stays steady never moved more then 10 rpms all day. So it just does it when I'm in corn. That a great reply wally I made sure my auger was in neutral. I'm sure it's some little problem that I'm over looking but it makes me wonder, how come it just does it with corn.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.