The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had trouble this fall with the readout on the cylinder speed on our 9400. It never read a steady speed but kept jumping all over the place. I'm sure the actual speed of the cylinder stayed constant. We messed around with the sensor spacing (that didn't help) and even replaced the sensor (that didn't help either). Any ideas?

·
Registered
578 Posts
mine didnt work at the begining of the season at all----looked, and checked everything. finally found a wire pinched behind the digital read out. i had this all apart when putting the greenstar harness in it, so i suppose it was done then. may not help, but check the wiring in the corner post.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Did you put a new bracket on for the sensor, part number H160880, is there dirt around the pulley that has the sensor wheel, then need to check the 603 wire, # 3 in connector C405 on the right side of cab into the cab and to the tach, also check the ground wire from the sensor.
Will the slow shaft speed come on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It jumped from the low 300's to the mid 500's, load or no load. I cleaned out the dust from behind the pulley where it gets its readings from. It it about 1/8" (+/-) from the pulley. The mounting clip in the bracket is in good shape and holds it steady. The low shaft speed monitor does work and sometimes it would go off for awhile - then on - then off (very annoying!). I'll have to check the wires in the corner post - that may be the trouble.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hello Jdtom, believe the issue you are having is relatively simple.On several 9400"s in our area we just backed off the sensor approx. 1/4 " from tone wheel. There is a bulletin pertaining to this problem from d-tac. , but don"t remember the solution no.and also you can discard the great tin nut that holds the sensor and install two jam nuts, partno. 14h904. hope this helps.deerefever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts