The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
Do you have any other hydraulic functions? When you try to raise the FH do you hear the engine labor any? Might be the header switch, logic module, solenoid valve, relief valve, or hydraulic pump.
Try to swing out the unload auger. With the machine running can you speed up the cylinder or feeder house?

· Registered
94 Posts
I would follow the wires comming from the hydro handle switch. They go under the armrest and I have found them cut of chewed up before. If the auger swings out then the dump valve on the valve stack is working properly.
the logic module is the black box located under the valve stack.
Another thing to check is the coils for magnatism. Look under the gull wing door for the solenoids and their functions. With the engine running and someone holding the header raise switch you should have magnatism at coil #1 #2 and #13. #13 is the dial a matic solenoid on top if the valve stack. If you don't have any magnatism I would try replacing teh switch on the hydro handle

· Registered
94 Posts
My best guess is that mice have chewed on the main loom running under the cab and that wire 15 was the first to break. I have had mice chew through the entire 3 inches of wires. The customer didn't want a new harness so I had to splice all wires back together. You can run a new wire under the cab on the outside of the loom and splice it in before the power distribution board and the cab wall but you might be gambling that there are no other problems. Just my 2 cents.

· Registered
94 Posts
If the header height solenoid valve is adjusted down too far it will make it raise and lower slow. You might also check the pressure at the diagnostic receptical on the side of the valve stack. The pressure should be 3150 +/- 150 psi.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.