The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have the feeder house off replacing rasp bars, clean grain auger, tailings return auger, bearings and slip clutch on feeder house drive. I have already replaced concave, better grate, feeder house chain three years ago. I plan on keeping this machine for a few more years, any upgrades or recommendation I should be doing to this machine. It has 2400 separator hours on it. I heard about taking the filler plate out? I put new fluted ones in three years ago. Or about putting filler plates in the concave? It has been a good machine, just want to prevent some down time but improve performance. Thanks in advance! RR

·
Registered
117 Posts
What crops are you combining? If you combine corn, you wouldn't want to remove the filler plates because they keep ears out of the cylinder. As for the concave, for corn there are two rows of inserts in the rear of the concave. Both of these are very important for corn.

You might need to change the shoe/shaker arm bearings if you haven't yet (there are four of them...two larger diameter bearings on each side down next to the cleaning fan.) Change the oil in the feederhouse reverser and primary countershaft gearbox (the one on top of the ladder just behind the cab door).

Generally speaking, I think a reliable machine is a well performing machine. It sounds like you are doing what you need to do to keep it reliable for a few more years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts