The Combine Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will my 9430 pull a 70' Seedmaster w/ 6550 Bourgault tank with ease?? 12" spacing on the drill. Most of our land is fairly flat. Will likely equip our 4WD with a Steinbauer chip which will give us around 510 HP. Reason to going 70' is cause we have high-cap hyd(78gpm). Hydraulics shouldn't be an issue. If anyone has this setup or something similar i'd be happy to hear your tips/reviews. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,107 Posts
We were pulling a 60 footer on 10" spacing so it had 72 shanks, plus a 350 bushel air tank and twin 2000 gallon Nh3 tanks. It had a load when it was wet.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Our soil is not all that heavy besides the flats. But we are wetter than normal. And it seems we'll likely have another wet spring with all the rain we had in the fall. There's 800 Michelins on the tractor, should have all kinds of traction.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will have to check tomorrow about the weight as I'm not at the farm right now. It does have inner weights all around and weights on the rear tires. Hoping that's heavy enough and to have a smooth ride. If not can still add weight on the front and rear tires.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
One guy close to me is pulling at least 70' 12" with a 270 of seed and two liquid carts with a 9530 in heavy flat dirt. Another family farm has been pulling 66' with 9430s for years I was told, not sure what carts.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
My farm had a 9430, 63ft 10.5" spacing seed hawk with Flexi 430 tank and it was no problem, pulled really easy. Your the almost the same number of shanks and a little bit bigger tank especially if your chipping it over 500hp, i wouldn't even be slightly concerned. Make sure your ballast properly, ours was completely under ballast with 710R42 tires and would spin 20% all the way around a muddy field.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the input so far guys! Ill be able to sleep a tad better! We pretty much doubled our unit compared to our old one..(8760 pulling a 39' 5000 flexi coil)

Are pneumatic packer tires a must on the drill? Ive heard pros and cons about the air tire.. Some say they change 1 or 2 everyday and others say they just change a couple during the seeding season.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
If your ordering a new drill I would get the flat free tires (semi pneu). They say that they are equivalent to a 18psi pneu tire. Our seedhawk is older and didn't have the flat free option so we run our pneu tires at 14psi. When things get really muddy you can drop an air tire down to 10psi to shed mud, something an semi pneu can't do. I don't change that many tires, like 2-3 a year on our 5 year old machine but on our 10 year old machine it can be as high as 10 a year.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The drill and tank are both 2010's. Ill see for myself how well it goes with the tire in tire this year. I've also heard good things about the devloo roto scrapers. If a guy only has to change a few year that's not a big deal at all. And quite a bit cheaper!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The gang packers pull hard and when you get in the mud they dont pull at all. You will love the independent. Changed about 5 air packers last season. No big deal.
Don't remind me!! It was a nightmare trying to unplug them gang packers when they were caked with mud! Although the 5000 series did a great job, everyone says we'll fall in love with the independent right away.. Especially in wetter conditions..

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Neighbours pulled a 70' Seedmaster, 430 bushel TBT NH Aircart, and 2 200 bushel(maybe bigger) TBH Concord Carts with a TJ450 I believe. They pulled that for several years until they upgraded to a T9060 about 2 years ago.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.