The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting in a new concave on a 9500 just wondering if anyone has any helpful hints on what to expect and what concave would be a better replacement than deeres? Just finished corn harvest last week got going on the 2009 harvest a little early lol.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The loewen is good, wears as well as the deere. Many believers in the St Johns concave. Personally, make a long story short, I sent that cracked, bent, and yes warped crap back. Anyway, to me the all the loewen parts a great replacements. The A&I augers are good too.

·
Registered
530 Posts
loewen is good stuff, Im waiting to try sunnybrookes new design. I was told by their guys that it has the four front bars replaceable, they bolt in with allen bolts and are stainless steel, they assure me that the four front bars do all the hard threshing and the later bars see little wear, this could be a very cost effective way to save in repairs and labor of changine concaves ever time it gets a little bow.

·
Registered
578 Posts
ive got a st. johns and it seems to be ok. before i start wheat harvest im going to realign it and look it over good to see how much wear it has on it. i put approx 4000 acres of milo through it this fall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts