The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang !
When I use my belt pickup on wheat, I run into wheat back feeding on the top of the feederhouse on my 9500. Once the backfeed wheat actually feeds into the cyclinder, the machine growls and I'm not crazy to feed the slugs threw the machine. Any ideas ?
I don't run into the issue when straightcutting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This may sound stupid but do you pickup the swaths in the same direction it was cut? I recall having feeding issues if running the opposite direction.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hankster, thanks for the idea, but yes I'm taking the swath in head first. I'll keep an eye out tomorrow as maybe some of the heads are laying sideways in the swath.
Thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Throw your OEM feeder chain away and get a Manchester Force-Feed feeder chain. That will put a stop to the back feeding once and for all, either at the top or the bottom of the feeder house. Plus, your combine will feed better and more evenly, making the rest of the combine peform better as well.

·
Registered
778 Posts
It sounds like your header strippers are not far enough in. The extension plates for the rear auger stripper on the header should be in the narrow position for your combine. If your pickup was ever run on a 9600 it would be set wide. Also, the left and right outer 2 finger holes in the cross auger should not have fingers installed. Again this is only for wide body machines.

Do you have the feeder house front shields installed? The side ones will prevent crop from getting caught in the outer edge of the chain. Had some issues like this last year from machines that did not have side shields installed.

·
Registered
76 Posts
There is a rubber belting above the cylinder right before the beater that wears out and this will cause your cylinder to over run material and throw it back down on top of feeder house chain and it makes you think it just isnt feeding into cylinder properly. Take a look, it is behind cylinder on top floor right in front of beater.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts