The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am combining beans and my clean grain elevator/bin auger is getting a build up of dirt that is binding the grain and causing the belt to slip and stop the system up before the light alarm system comes on. I have not had this trouble all year until i got in this one particular field in which does not seem much wetter than the other fields. I had just spread biosolids before i planted it but the soil looks just like dirt and nothing else. Watching my son combine, it does not appear he is picking up much dirt but evidently it is enough to build up around the edge of the auger housing in the bin. Has anybody else had this trouble. Is anything worn out? My belt is also real loose. Is there a way to tighten the belt? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanking you in advance!

·
Registered
19 Posts
That belt should be so tight you can't hardly roll it over the pulley. Get a new belt and this should fix it. The new one will be a real tight fit..helps to have another set of strong hands there to pull.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pull the loading auger completely out and make sure it is totaly clean. Back when Nightshade used to be a problem it was not uncommon to chisel a 5 gallon pail of crap out of the transition between the elevator and auger.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You might check out what I wrote on the "9600 is it the right choice" thread about the grain elevator drive belt tensioner. I think it is the 11th reply on that thread. You might have a very simple problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts