The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas? 920 Flex platform that bounces and bounces. Have replaced contacts and switch.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Re: 9500 Dial a Matic header height control jumpin

There's a couple things that will cause this. First, make sure your header accumulator is working. Do this by opening the accumulator tap then lift the feeder house right to the top and hold the button for another 10 seconds to pressurize the accumulator. Close the tap and lower the feeder house just until it touches the ground. Shut off the combine and open the tap. The feeder house should raise some. If you have no header on, it should raise most of the way. If there is no movement then the nitrogen charge has leaked out of the accumulator. You can get it refilled at a dealer but chances are it will just leak out again. You will probably have to replace it.

The other common cause of this problem is having the header drop rate set too fast. This can be adjusted by turning the set screw on the dial-a-matic valve. This valve is the small one just above and forward of your main hydraulic valve stack on the left side of the combine. It's usually silver or gold, not black like the other valves and has one solenoid coil on it. There will be a screw with a jam nut on the top/front of the valve. Turning this screw in will slow down your drop rate. Adjust it half a turn at a time until the hunting goes away.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 9500 Dial a Matic header height control jumpin

Thanks a ton! We are deere dealers too but i am just a salesman for both and i was in the field last night and i am not at all familar with these older deere machines. Turns out it was rate of drop way too fast! Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts