The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The feeder house chain sprockets on my 9500SH are getting worn. The book shows how to replace them without removing the feeder house. I was wondering if it was worth trying or if its better to take the feeder house off. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,807 Posts
It isn't that bad either way. If you have pulled a feeder house before on a 9500, you know it isn't a bad job. Then you have a very good look at everything behind it once it is off. If you do it by yourself, that shaft can be heavy to lift in and out by yourself. Feederhouse may take long, but easier. I must be getting old. 10 years ago I wouldn't have thought of pulling a feeder house for this job ;)

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
I spent a bit of time wrestling with mine with the feederhouse on. Once I worked out that you need to remove the shaft out the bottom door instead of the top, it was pretty easy. The book doesn't mention that.

I don't know if the Sidehill makes any difference, but I'd have a go with the feederhouse on.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I ran into a situation on a 7721 where the previous owner had managed to get one of the sprockets on backwards and out of time. It eventually destroyed the feeder chain which is why I had things apart. Having the header off made it easier to check bearings, wear on the wear plates and other issues you may not notice if you leave the header on. My vote is off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.