The Combine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Neighbor just got a 9500 to replace his 7720 and was checking
the fluid levels in the final drives, they were half full. Dealer told his this was normal for that final drive-anyone heard of that??
Also is it normal for a John Deere combine like a 9500 to have and upkeep bill yearly of 10,000 if you farm 2000 acres???
Dealer mechanic said he could expect that-WOW, or are the mechanics here to happy putting in parts???

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: 9500 JD

Just to clarify, the half full final drives were half full, about 9 liters he said in them?? Could add another 9 to bring up to level plug, but dealer personal said that was correct for that final drive

·
Registered
653 Posts

fill em up to the middle plug, bottom is for drainin, top is a vent.

I have put 20, 30k in a combine every year for customers. 10k doesnt sound bad to me. Depends on how thorough the inspection is and what he wants to do. If you want a machine to perform all year with absoulutly no break downs guaranteed. ya he needs to spend that much. A lot of guys do most the work themselves and it knocks the repair bill down a long ways.

Id have him take his machine in and have it inspected, then have the techs do the hard stuff and him do the easy stuff, save a lot of money

·
Registered
508 Posts

our 9500 does 200 acres a yr after 5 years the first money we spent on it other than routine maitenance was $2700 on parts that where wore our a $2200 for a hopper ext very low maintence machines in my opionion we hardly ever have a breakdown during harvest which is more than most ppl running bigger newer machines can say

·
Registered
557 Posts

I combine approx. 2000 ac with a 94 9600 might spend 10 thousand every 3 years, its like 5stateag said get it inspected, get them to do the hard stuff you can change the odd bearing and belt save yourself 120 an hour.

·
Registered
590 Posts

We are running a 9410 and cutting 2000 acres per year. It currently has 2400 separator hours. We spent $10,000 on it last year. In the last 3 years maybe 4-6000. We never have breakdowns during harvest. Iron wears out. We don't expect to spend $10000 this coming year, but we did alot of engine deferred maintenance and a major augar last year.
You did not say how many hours you have on the machine you are looking at, but you need to check on what is needed and the wear on the metal parts.

But if you are doing 2000 acres per year, and you spend $10000 to keep it going without breakdowns, that is only $5/acre. Not bad.

Look at depreciation on a new one.

·
Registered
28 Posts

10,00 seems pretty high,I run a 9510 and put on around 5000 ac per year and have had 2 9400's and over the past years it cost's me about 2000 a year for mantence,not counting labor,we do all of our own work,to me labor does not make the combine worth more,
these combines are very relyable,daily walkarounds are very important,
happy combining.

·
Registered
1 Posts
repairs on 9500

can anyone help I need to take off the clean grain evlevator on our 9500 so I can get to the pulleys in back Can u help or is there a place you recomend to look

1 - 15 of 15 Posts