The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping some of you guys can shed some light on this. When I enter the serial number of our combine on AGCO Parts book, it lists current field campaigns as FC6844 (steering column wiring) and FC 6843 (2014 Updates). Our dealer tells me when they enquired to AGCO Australia they were told they were not relevant to Australia. This seems odd to me, a fault is a fault, an improvement is an improvement, regardless of where you are.

Can anybody tell me what is involved in these updates?

·
Registered
9 Posts
We have a 9560 to go in before harvest, they already replaced some wire wrap in the steering column, I think it was a chance of wires rubbing and becoming bare. As for the rest, I've been told it is a 17 hour job which involves concave supports, and mainly the residue spread which involves some sort of new deflectors added or replaced not entirely sure. I would sure be surprised if the Austrailian machines have already had these updates before, or why they would suggest they are not relevant to your area.

·
Registered
289 Posts
My 9540 is at the shop now, I don't know all the updates done but do know they did the concave support update. I had a couple updates done last fall late in soybean harvest. One was to change the discharge plate from the rotor to the chopper, that one changed the angle of the plate. The others done were minor like some belting over the hoses etc on the PRWD axle to prevent material build up.

They are now trying to decide if they can do a newly released update, that requires pulling the rotor, before grain harvest. I have no idea what this one is about.

·
Registered
106 Posts
software update,concave support tracks, front rh reinforced panel,unloader belt guard, unloader cylinder pin wear, engine air filter housing clamp, mav chopper tailboard mod.,chopper hood mod.,rotor discharge vane removal, securing chopper hood panel, sensor paddle mod., air diverter, separator grate covers, smooth cylinder bars, shallow tooth sieve and front left perforated panel. the last two only apply to corn .then there was wiring harness protection in steering column and new injection line for #5 cylinder and a clamp to secure it. haven't heard anything about pulling rotor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hoping some of you guys can shed some light on this. When I enter the serial number of our combine on AGCO Parts book, it lists current field campaigns as FC6844 (steering column wiring) and FC 6843 (2014 Updates). Our dealer tells me when they enquired to AGCO Australia they were told they were not relevant to Australia. This seems odd to me, a fault is a fault, an improvement is an improvement, regardless of where you are.

Can anybody tell me what is involved in these updates?
Westaus: these field campaigns were based on serial number. What's your serial, and is your machine a grain unit?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.