The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at a 9500 today with what I consider a unique problem. The shaker shoe doesn't just go forward and backward straight. When it goes either direction it pulls the right side before the left so it kind of moves in an almost circle motion. I don't know what would really cause that, any ideas?

·
Registered
530 Posts
If the shaker cam bearings are not out then they are mismatched. Someone has worked on the machine and didnt install the cams in the right place. There are four different cams, and they all can only be used in a single location and only installed one direction. Only by part number can this be sorted out. There will be cracks in the shoe frames if its ran very long like that. Ive seen this first hand year ago.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I am inclined to think right along the lines of what DaveDan said.
If the bearings are mis-matched, then that is the problem.

You will need to find out which bearing number corresponds to each hole, then see how that compares to what you've got on the machine. Gahhhh-leeeee, I hope it didn't run long like that

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up not purchasing the machine. Through a guy at the local Deere dealer I know we ran the serial number to find the past owner. It was a one owner machine and even though it only showed 2700 hours it had a lot more than that. The hour meter was replaced after the first year with roughly 350 hours on it. Then it had a cab fire when the second hour meter showed around 6100 hours. The interior was replaced and another 2700 hours were added on the machine. That means it had a tad over 9100 hours on it. Too many for a machine that I want. The last 400 hours were put on after he traded it in because the dealer was renting it out. Those machines are a lot tougher than I ever thought they were.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts