The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a9500 17' auger has been working perfect till yesterday,the unload auger quit. The horiz. auger we pulled out had the last 1' of flyting laid flat and peeled loose from the shaft. After straitening the flytes and welding back on shaft put it back in it vibrates very badly. I will probably replace both augers as they have alot of wear ; any ideas on how to do this and have auger balanced properly? it has flat washers attached to the flytes in a couple of places,does it come already balanced from Deere?"

·
Registered
88 Posts
make sure to check the vertical auger it is most likly worn also on the bottom .be sure to time it correctly can do all3 in about 3 hrs

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. I'm not positive about the timing on that auger, new ones should be here today;also ordered new spline drive shaft. I think it will take me a lot longer than 3 hrs. have never done one before. Got the serv.man. from the dealer looks like grunt work,those augers are quite heavy.

·
Registered
88 Posts
the horizonal is easy if you can get on top of a trrailer or a storage container the vertical well........ a bit more pain in the a**heavy and ackward we put the auger in first then the cast housing tied the auger in place with a rope this was on a9750couple weeks ago

1 - 6 of 6 Posts