The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a vibration when the cyl is engaged but can not seem to find where it is coming from. It comes and goes it is worse when cyl is speed up. tried pulling the filler plates out but did not help. any thoughts? Tia

·
Registered
186 Posts
Check to make sure the bolts on the gearcase behind the cab are tight. Could possibly be a bent countershaft. Have you slugged the separator recently? Could also check the U-joints on the shaft that runs through grain tank.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have the same problem, but it seems fairly random, it only happens every so often. I have found that if I ever shut the separator off for a min, then start it back, I feel the vibration, but only for a few min until it goes away. I think it has something to do with the way dust and dirt and trash may be settled around the cylinder, but once it runs, it evens out or something...Just my idea

·
Registered
94 Posts
If u clean out the cylinder completely and the vibration is gone put 1 golf ball between each spider. When you shut the separator down they will bounce around and help knock the dirt out or keep it from packin in there. I have been doing this for 12 years now.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Never thought of a golf ball! The vibrations happen to me occasionally. As soon as I notice it, I shut down the seperator to a full stop. The remaining dust falls through the bottom bars, start it up and it runss perfectly smooth. Never fails. Pretty sure I read that in the manaul somewhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
if you clean the bars out and vibration continues take the beater belts off and see if it is the cylinder or the beater that is out of balance. could be that the beater is full of dirt and chaff causing the vibration

·
Registered
508 Posts
idle ur combine down shut cylinder off but before it comes to a stop say 200 - 300 rpm engage it agian and the jogs the dust off the cylinger a sunnybrook cylinger is solid so elimanates this problem

1 - 10 of 10 Posts