The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually during the offseason I try to start most of the machinery up and let them run for a lil while just because... Today the 9500 just didn't want to start at all. In fact I'm starting to wonder if a mouse hasn't chewed up a wire or something. Any advice
???

·
Registered
90 Posts
Check the battery, we use to have one and it always seemed to drain the batery down in the off season, I think this may been because of the delco radio in it

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced the batteries last fall and it seemed to turnover ok it might have been a little slow but it should have at least coughed or something. Acts like my weedeater when I forget to turn the kill switch off.

·
Registered
142 Posts
If its turning over ok then I'd check the fuel lift pump that primes the fuel system before the injector pump. When the ignition is switched on and before you crank the engine, you or somebody standing at the rear of the combine should hear the pump priming the fuel line and then stop when up to pressure. If there is no fuel or a leak downstream of the lift pump, then the pump should stay on. Of course it could be the wiring to the lift pump that has been chewed through.

I'm not familar with the 9500 but thats the first thing I would check taking into account what you have described above.

Laury.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Like Laury says make sure that the electric pump works under the fuel tank and prime the fuel system and try to start it. Is there any codes that come up.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That weird combine started right up today!!!! However, I sincerely appreciate the good advice. Next time, I will know what to look for

·
Registered
778 Posts
The early Maximizers had the fuel return hooked to the top of the fuel tank. This allowed fuel to bleed back when the machine sits for a long period of time. The fix is to re-route the return line to the bottom of the tank, as per DTAC solution 4835. The problem will likely happen again if the update isn't done. Let me know if you want more details, or your local dealer can print the solution for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts