The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 9510 has had this problem for a while: sometimes(most of the time) takes multiple twists of the key to get it to turn over and start on the first start-up of the day. Worse when sitting out over night. Always starts eventually...just makes you wonder sometimes. Anybody else been through this? Thanks.....

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
When this happens you need to find out if there is power coming to the starter relay at the engine and if so, that it is going to the starter solenoid. If the relay has no power then there is a relay on the board that is OK to start, after this it will get more into the armrest.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume I'll have to have someone hold the key in the start position to do this? I'm not sure, but I think I replaced the starter relay when this first surfaced a couple of years ago.

Thanks....

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Quote:I assume I'll have to have someone hold the key in the start position to do this? I'm not sure, but I think I replaced the starter relay when this first surfaced a couple of years ago.

Thanks....

Yes the starter key will have to be in start postion and check to see if there is power to the small wire on the relay.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Make sure you are keeping the seat switch engaged. Sometimes if you lean forward to turn the ignition key the seat switch is not closed.
I had the same problem this fall with my 9510. It turned out to be the harness connector on the right hand side of the cab above the right front tire. I had to have both the male and female connector replaced.
Have someone turn the key while you wiggle the biggest harness.
Be sure to be clear of all belts and pulleys.
Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts