The Combine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to keep beating yall over the head with stupid questions, but.... Our 9510 when the separator is engaged and the engine is at full throttle there is vibration, a kind of "vvvvvvvvvvv" vibration. Our JD guys say this is normal until it is loaded with crop. What do yall think? Planning on starting Monday and hope this thing doesn't fly apart.

·
Registered
31 Posts
does it change with cylinder speed do you have a variable feederhouse does it change with feeder house speed did you check your reel pump bearings

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't seem to change too much with the cylinder speed. I checked the bearings that you talk about (I think that is the ones on the left side under the steps), they seem ok. Haven't thought to try the variable speed feederhouse up and down. Will try that and report back.

·
Registered
590 Posts
If you are not hearing metal on metal sounds, and you have checked the main bearings and belts and everything is solid, the "vvvvvv" sounds normal to me. Our machine (9410) kind of hums or vvvs until loaded. you should be ok. There is a lot of air displaced by the cylinder bars and it just makes noise.

·
Registered
36 Posts
it should balance itself out within 5 or 10 min. if its still doing it after half an hour of cutting something is gone making it out of balance or the cylinder bars can be packed full of debris making it out of balance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
start by removing drive belts one at a time to try to pin point the source of the vibration. it is most likely in the cylinder but have seen bent primary counter shafts. if doing small grains remove the filler plates from cylinder to cut down on dust buildup in cylinder. also check the gear case on the primary counter shat input yoke have seen these situations before.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Take the beater belt off and spin the pulley, I bet it will always settle back to the same spot, if it does the beater has caked dust on one side of the beater that is causing it to vibrate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
had 9500 with bad vibration at high cylinder speed. take off beater belt and run machine if it stops vibrating the beater is probally full of caked dust on one side. remove a beater wing and clean out dust.(not a fun job)

·
Registered
508 Posts
an easy way to clean the built up dust and debris is to run machine at full throttle then quickly drop it to idle and shut seperator off but then reengage seperator before it stops completley say 200 rpm this jogs the dust out the stone trap should be open when this is being done to let dust fall out may take a few tries but it helps

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I sped the variable speed feeder house up and down yesterday, and the vibraton stays the same. Will check the beater tomorrow. Thanks alot for the information.

·
Registered
657 Posts
one knife on chopper can do the same thing i have seen it before if one or two knives are missing it will shake terrible

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A question for Greentech, I assume the primary countershaft always spins at the same speed doesn't it?? If this is the case the vibration will stay the same, (which it does). I also noticed that while the bin is full the vibration is nearly unnoticeable, but as it is unloaded it gets worse until it is filled again. The primary countershaft is just under the bin. I think we may be on to something here. I will check all this before we start in soybeans

1 - 14 of 14 Posts