The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have issues with primary air filter plugging twice a day on these tractors. Filter always seems fairer dusty. Not sure it's that or sensor?? Any other tractors with similar issues ?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
We fought with the same problem for two years. I think they done a software upgrade to ours to turn the sensitivity down. They also added front fenders and raised our air intake.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
We had that one in the picture two years ago. It's now laying under the work bench. Didn't really help much. Sorry to tell you that. Our neighbors modified their air intake filter housing and went back to the old round style filter on their 9560R. That cured the problem for them.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
We always have blown them about. You couldn't afford not to when we were changing two a day. Now we get about 90 hours out of them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, we have a 9460r with triples and we have issues getting more than about 15 hours on an air filter. If the wind works out you can get about 20 hrs but if it’s calm and dusty or the chaff is really blowing, I’ve had it plug up at 10 hrs. The dealer has flashed the new software and that didn’t really help. I’ve taken every piece of the intake apart to clean it but the filter still plugs constantly. We have 4 filters we keep rotating and cleaning and we make sure to clean them good. Filters are dirty when it says plugged. We have the screen style intake on top. Anything I can try or do? I try to replace a couple filters yearly so I don’t dust a motor but this is getting ridiculous. Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Deere has a new air cleaner system. Works way way better. Has spinners inside I believe. I will attach the part number and a picture. Make sure you order the rubber adapter too
What’s the part number on the adapter

·
Registered
472 Posts
that whirl a gig contraption sure works on mine! i get either a full season or at most one filter change since i put it on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts