The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any known problems that is associated with extensive wear in the housing of the 9550 combines? I have not had the machine for too long and already i notice a large amount of wearing occurring in the housing such as holes, and the auger in the housing. There is hardly anything left to wear and I am wonder how this can happen so early in the machine's life. I am thinking of getting a 9560 series to replace my current model that could possibly be built better. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
That is not out of the ordinary for a corn/bean/barley machine. We are seeing the concave, bars, and numerous other wear parts being replaced between 1,000-1,500 separator hours. I wouldn't say your's is out of the ordinary especially do to cutting mainly fall crops.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about the holes in the elevator housing? Auger Housings are wore and auger Flighting are also wore... Is that out of the ordinary? Not to mention the sprockets and chains are pretty worn too. I have never seen elevator housing wear this bad on a machine with 1000 separator hours....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To be more specific I got more information on the wearing occurring on the 9550 Combine. All Auger Flightings are eroded and pitted---especially the unloading auger. Clean grain elevator housing is all wore. Chain and sprockets are also worn out. There is hardly any wear and needs to be serviced or replaced asap. Everything else is doing great... Engine is flawless too... how can this rig be so worn out so when it has 1000 on the separator and 1500 on the engine. And how can i find another rig that has more durable wear parts?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
You bought this machine used? If it spent its early days in 200+ corn and 60+ s/b with a grain cart, that is a lot of bushels. If the combine came from an area with sandy soils, harvesting soybeans causes a lot more wear from the sand that is on the plants.

On my 9650W, I replaced the concave and second set of cylinder bars, loading auger and feeder house chain and sprockets at 1100s hours. At 1500s hours I am replacing all 5 unloading augers. The vertical should have been replaced earlier.

I don't think you are looking at excessive replacement. Depending on history, it could have had over a million bushels through the grain tank already.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts